Social Media Marketing Specialist
Strider Sports International, Inc, is a South Dakota-based balance bike company that expands all around the globe. We are 100% dedicated to inspiring kids to not only learn to ride, but to develop a lifelong love of riding.
Strider is looking for a passionate social media guru who is willing to dive in and engage with masses including fans, brands, influencers, celebrities, parents and anyone who wants to be part of the exclusive Strider Club. (*Secret handshake revealed upon hire.) We’re looking for an outgoing person with a variety of skills to increase brand awareness and improve engagement on all our social platforms. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are key to success in this role. Candidates must be capable of handling multiple tasks with competing priorities under minimal supervision. They will have a passion for marketing, own their mistakes, be proud of their achievements and have the willingness to tackle projects of all kinds. The ideal candidate will be capable of making someone spit out their morning coffee because they’re so flippin’ entertaining. If you can take inspiring kids and parents to ride to a whole new level with your epic social skills keep reading…
All interested applicants must:
- Possess a knowledge of Strider and the market we serve
- Have proven success in social media marketing and a strong understanding of social media KPIs
- Have the ability to collaborate with several people on the same project and handle constructive feedback
- Have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and time management skills
- Have the ability to deliver creative outside-the-box content (text, image and video) and be comfortable creating live videos to post on social media channels
- Possess excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and other social media best practices
- Have confidence engaging with large companies, athletes, celebrities, and influencers
- Have a general understanding of basic graphic design concepts
- Be self-confident, self-directed, forward thinking and detail oriented with an enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news about Strider) to communicate with potential customers, people of significant influence, and industry professionals alike to create a strong network of Strider enthusiasts
- Leverage opportunities on social media through tagging, reposting and other nuances, while developing implementing, and managing social media strategy to align with company goals and brand consistency
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences on various social media channels and applications
- Assist with marketing strategies and brainstorming efforts to build brand awareness
- Develop concepts and write copy for a range of campaigns/projects using proper grammar and writing best practices
- Assist with public relations efforts as it relates to social media to identify and place new and existing content in outlets such as blogs and publications
- Provide exceptional customer service to fans and potential customers
- Define social media KPIs and measure success of every social media campaign
- Consult, collaborate, and brainstorm with departments and staff within Strider and the nonprofit All Kids Bike Team
- Assist with email marketing campaigns and communication to current and potential customers, dealers, and international partners
- Create small scale graphics using various graphic design software such as Adobe Creative Suite, Canva or certain social media related phone applications
- Work with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Netsuite ERP system
- Thriving in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Commitment to an active lifestyle and exercise
- Must be able to lift, carry, and move items up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time using a phone, computer keyboard and monitor
- Must be able to travel freely throughout the US and willing to occasionally assist after hour/weekend events
Location and hours:
- This position is in Rapid City, SD
- Office hours are Mon-Thurs 7:30am – 5pm, Friday 8am- 12pm * with potential to flex some Fridays off
- Some travel and occasional support of weekend events should be anticipated
- $36K to $52K depending on experience and the position
- This full-time non-exempt position qualifies for a full benefits package that includes paid time off, sick leave, a 401K plan, health insurance and an extensive list of perks.
Strider values passionate people who believe their efforts will change the world for the better and a family-friendly workplace where the workdays fly by and the work itself feels like a grand adventure!
BEFORE taking action, re-read this description and the job requirements to make sure it fits your skills and philosophy. Along with your cover letter and resume; attach a few of your best engaging social media posts!